We all like to know what future holds for us, don’t we? If we chance upon something on the web about palm reading, zodiac or anything else…we do like to know what’s in store for us.
There is nothing wrong with that, unless it becomes a painful obsession. When you start to believe that your entire life is governed by how the stars are aligned or what colour you wear, it’s like giving up control over your life. And sadly, there are many people in our country, who make legit business out of it, by exploiting our vulnerability.
Photographer Victoria Krundysheva took upon the task to show a mirror to the people and made this beautiful photo story called ‘Unfreedom’, that we all must see. Take a look!
1. The Wheel of Fortune – Are we turning the wheel or we are just merely passengers?
2. 3 of Swords – Betrayal is never expected but always willingly accepted. You can’t control people’s swords, but you can control the pain.
3. The Fool – He’s ready to take the burning heart out of his hand and give it to you. They laugh at him, but he’s one card that beats all.
4. Strength – does it always have to be on the outside? Isn’t the biggest strength we can posses is the one that hides in our shadow?
5. 5 of Cups – The biggest poison of all is the one you drink willingly – self-doubt.
She also wrote a Facebook post, explaining her beautiful concept and it’s an eye opener. She writes –
Most of us like to believe that we control our actions and make our own free will decisions in life. Yet, so many of us are curious to know our future. But isn’t knowing it implies that its predefined, that there is a future to know, the future that is unavoidable? And while we are so eager to claim control over ours, isn’t it giving this control up when you choose to believe in divination?
6. Devil – The Dark Side for each of us is something enticing and something we fear. But when we do – we enslave ourselves to it. Accept it as equal and it won’t have power over you.
7. The Empress – Femininity doesn’t have to be vulnerable.
9. The Hanged Man – Would we willingly be ready to look at the world upside down if we are comfortable standing where we are?
10. The Tower – The higher it rises, the heavier it falls…but aren’t we the ones that build it out of stone, instead of feathers.
Doesn’t it hit you right there?
All Image and captions have been taken from the photographer’s Facebook page.