They are one of the most powerful persons on Earth. Their every move is watched and followed by millions of people.
Most of the heads of states are busy people who are always on the move. So it is interesting to see what interesting to see what vehicles they use as their ride.
1.The President of the United States uses the Cadilac One. The car is also known as the Beast.
The car is often listed amongst the most expensive cars in the world. The doors of this car are as heavy as a Boeing 747’s. Its tires are protected by kevlar. It is often considered as one of the safest vehicles on Earth.
2. Pope Francis uses a simple Renault 4. His car is often referred as the Popemobile.
Pope Francis is a man who believes in simple living. The car he uses was donated by an Italian Priest called Renzo Zocca.
Apart from this simple vehicle, the Pope also has a custom-built Mercedes-Benz with an armored glass compartment at the back.
3. François Hollande of France uses a Citroen DS5 Hybrid4 Convertible.
Many different car brands have served as the official car of different presidents of France, each had their own choice.
There are also two special open top Citroën SM Présidentielle models which is used for ceremonial purposes by the President.
4. The Bentley State Limousine serves as the official car for The Queen Of England
The interesting thing about this car is that when the Queen is on board, the Bentley ‘Flying B’ bonnet ornament is replaced with either a St George or lion.
5. The Jaguar XJ Sentinel serves as the official vehicle for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
The car is specially custom made for the Prime Minister. Not only is the car bulletproof, but also has self-contained oxygen supply that can protect the Prime Minister from a chemical attack. The car can also release tear gas in case of an emergency.
6. The Prime Minister of India uses a BMW 7 series. The President, on the other hand, uses a Mercedes Benz S600 (W221) Pullman Guard.
The security of the Prime Minister’s car is top notch. This bullet proof car can withstand attacks from handguns and AK-47s. But it seems it is the President’s car that steals the limelight. The car is not only bullet proof but can even run on flat tires. Just like the Beast and the Jaguar Sentinel, this car also can protect the President from any gas or chemical attacks.
7. The Lancia Thesis serves as the official state car for Italy.
When it come to cars you cannot leave out Italy. The current fleet of presidential cars includes three Lancia Theis.
Apart from these cars, the country also has a Lancia Thesis Stola S85 limousine and three Maserati Quattroporte, which is used for as the official vehicle of the visiting presidents.
8. The Emperor of Japan uses the Toyota Century Royal, which is a one-off car custom made for him.
Well, as excepted the Japanese Emperor prefers local auto giants over other foreign car brands. The car is 20 feet long and almost 7 meters wide. This completely bulletproof car is valued around $500,000.
9. The President of the Republic of Kenya uses an armored Mercedes-Benz Pullman S600.
Although Kenya might not be a rich car yet the car used by the President of Kenya is in no way inferior to his other counterparts.
This state car has the Kenyan coat of arms instead of the regular license plate.
10. The Uruguayan President prefers a simple sky blue Beetle over other luxury cars.
He is a man who doesn’t believe in luxury. Not only he uses a simple Beetle but even prefers to live on the farms instead of the official residence.
11. Most of the top leaders in China uses the Hongqi Limousine, which is the most expensive car in the country.
Although China is a communist country yet its state car tells you a completely different story. The car is often considered one of the most luxurious used by the head of the states of any country.
12. The current President of Germany uses an armored Mercedes-Benz car, while Chancellor Angela Merkel doesn’t stick to a particular brand in order to promote neutrality.
When you talk about cars, you simply cannot leave Germany out. Although has been the hub for many luxury automobile brands yet it comes to the official car, the Mercedes always gets a preference.
It seems that with great power not only comes great responsibilities but also some really great cars.
Cover Image Source 1&2