I’m a virgo and I can say with full confidence that I’m a threat to my own peace of mind in a relationship. I don’t know why we virgo’s have a way of making love an ordeal, but we do a beautiful job of it. It’s really painful to see how the whole relationship turns out, it ends in heartbreak and it’s usually our heart on the line. We hate being vulnerable to anyone but ourselves, but when we’re in love, all of that practicality goes out the window and all we’re left with is an ocean of emotion.
So if you’re a virgo or have dated a virgo, you might know what I’m talking about…
1. Before we commit to anything, there are pages that would weigh as much as the encyclomedia, that are covered in pros and cons columns.
2. If we do commit, it’s the end all of everything, there is no going back.
3. We have 99 problems and all of them are about trust.
4. If you say or do anything that goes against the playbook of a relationship in our head, then we contemplate for days and try to fix it.
5. So in the off chance that the relationship isn’t working, we’ll drag it to the ends of time, because we don’t accept defeat, especially when we’ve invested so much in it.
6. We get too wrapped up in the romance of it, we’re always thinking of the good times and turn a blind eye to the bad.
7. We keep expecting and that never ends, First there is A, once we get A, we need B, then we need C. And unlike the alphabets, we don’t have a Z.
8. If we do break up, the amount of self hate that arises is pretty much like an internal tsunami.
9. We almost always come off as possessive, over protective and jealous and giving ‘space’ is not our best quality.
10. We’ll go out of our way to do over the top romantic gestures, spend all our money and exhaust ourselves, just to make it perfect for you.
11. We MEAN IT when we say the three magic words, because those words are more powerful to us than anything in the world.
12. If a virgo loves you, you can be sure of this: even if you break up, you’ll have a person who will help you, love you and be there for you every day for the rest of your life.
So we may be a bit over the top, but we’re here to stay.