We love Bangalore, we really do! I mean have you seen the amount of food joints, the amazing street shopping and don’t even get me started on the weekend getaways that are so beautiful and close-by that it makes our getaways look like a backyard lawn.
But for some odd, inexplicable reason, the people are the ones who we keep coming back for. If I lived in this city, I’d be all over, roaming, chilling, but I’ve realized that peeps here, aren’t just full of chill, but they’re full of one thing: excuses. They have an excuse for everything and it will make you feel like your bunking-school excuses have nothing on them.
1. I couldn’t get groceries because all cabs were on surge pricing!
The innumerable times you have cancelled the ride and crawled back in bed might come to your mind, right about now.
2. I really wanted to pick you up from the airport but I would have to leave a day in advance to even make it there.
Because in Bangalore, you don’t simply receive someone at the airport, you take a 2-3 hour roadtrip to do that.
3. I don’t party, but that’s not because I don’t want to, but because the party ends here at 11pm.
Nightlife. What’s that?
4. I wanted you to try my famous Ice-tea but sorry, I have no water coming out of the tap!
Water is as scarce in Bangalore as plenty engineers there are.
5. I would have made lots of local friends, but sadly I can’t afford a translator.
Nānu nimage arthavāgada. What-u-say-bro?
6. I’m lost, but it’s probably because I stopped to ask directions and everyone said ‘straight hogi’.
Thanks to all the one-way streets, who can even say if you’re going to your destination or back home (or god forbid, the airport).
7. I can’t go out because I’m broke, since I took an auto from Electronic City to Hebbal.
Because no one knows what the meter type thing is for in Bangalore. Maybe they think it’s authentic decor for the auto.
8. I can’t book tickets to a movie on a saturday evening, because I can’t predict how many hours of traffic it will take to make it to the theatre.
This a question even Google Maps can’t answer accurately.
9. I can’t cook since there are no utensils in my bachelor pad, so I’ll just eat Gobi Manchurian on the way over.
Gobi Manchurian is bae. But when you want to cook up your own version of it, you can order your kitchen cutlery via the HyperCITY app and you don’t even have to leave your couch!
10. I need to shop, but the crowd in the malls on a sunday is worse than the crowd at the sabzi mandi.
We can’t do anything about the rest of your troubles, but we can save you some excuses, with HyperCITY’s shopping app! It’s going to be the #EndOfExcuses, because now you can do your shopping even when you are stuck in traffic. No matter what time of the day it is, you can order it and it will be delivered to you within 3 hours! And guess what? Only you Bangalore peeps have access to it, so make the most of it!
So come on Machas, what are you waiting for? Let’s bid the excuses goodbye!
This story is brought to you in association with HyperCITY