“Every student can learn. Just not on the same day, or the same way.” – George Evans.
When I was in school, we used to be a class of 60 students. However, it’s safe to say that not all 60 of us were the same. We had different learning styles, subject preferences, and speed. I remember yearning for some extra help from someone who would understand that I might be fast in doing Maths but slow in learning Geography.
But this was almost 10 years back. Now, with the advancement of technology, kids have an opportunity to learn subjects that excite them, at their own pace, and on their own sweet time. ‘E-learning’ or ‘Smart-learning’ platforms have made it possible. But in today’s day and age, where the competition is so high, I can’t help but ask: Is ‘smart’ enough?
Speaking of which, I recently came across a brand which understands how the new generation needs newer ways of learning – Lenovo. They have launched a ‘smarter’ online learning platform named Lenovo SmarterEd in collaboration with the non-profit education social enterprise eVidyaloka.
Now the big question – What makes Lenovo SmarterEd ‘smarter’? A question which I pondered upon and found answers to.
1. Lenovo SmarterEd matches students and teachers algorithmically according to their respective learning and teaching styles.
If you’re a student, you are asked some fun details about yourself which helps Lenovo SmarterEd access your personality and the kind of student you are. You also get asked what kind of teacher you like best. Lenovo SmarterEd uses this information to match you with the perfect teacher.
2. Students get to choose their study-time according to their convenience.
3. No one scolds you if you speak in a language other than English! You can choose Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, or any other regional language of your liking.
4. You can choose any class and subject and Lenovo SmarterEd will provide you with the necessary study materials.
5. It provides a chat engine for smooth student-teacher communication.
6. Not just students and teachers, parents get to sign up too! This helps parents track their kid’s progress and monitor their activity. This also ensures a student’s safety as Lenovo SmarterEd requires the consent of the guardian while signing up.
With the nationwide lockdown, students have been uncertain about their studies and parents worried about their child’s education. At a time like this, it becomes necessary to turn to online education platforms. Not only is it convenient and ensures quality education but also broadens one’s horizons.
Let this time be an opportunity for the younger generation to grow smarter!