Are you one of those who while walking on the street see an expensive but absolutely lovely top through the shiny glass of the store and count every penny you have before even thinking of buying it?
Are you one of those who walk into a Zara store and think, “Man! I want these so bad,” but know that your pocket is tightly bound with the chains of being on a budget?
Here are a few hacks that’ll relieve you of all those money worries and make you a fashion diva (in a budget)!
1. Make a monthly wardrobe budget and try staying in the ‘Lakshman Rekha’ of your budget as fiercely as possible. Save to splurge on good products later.
2. If you don’t want or need your old clothes anymore, put it up for resale for upping your budget. If you’re really attached to your old clothes but don’t feel like wearing them the way they are, just revamp using any DIY technique!
3. Always keep the classics (like blue denims, white shirt, black stockings and a leather jacket). Some items are timeless.
4. Accessorize wisely. Invest in tiny trinkets and trendy jewelry which are cheap, and can jazz up your plain clothing!
5. Keep your basics handy. There’s nothing better than experimenting with than the basics that can be mixed and matched to create a unique style.
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
6. Sometimes you just feel like wearing or buying a particular color, don’t you! That’s actually a wise thing to do. Choose versatile shades of your comfortable color palette so that you don’t splurge on things you aren’t going to wear anyway.
7. That Mango Shirt you liked? Way outta your money league? Select a type and hunt! Patience is the key. The style you liked so much will someday be available for cheap and then you’ll have the chance to triumphantly do a Chicken Little dance!
8. Be in the look out for local stores and street shopping areas in your city. There’s nothing more liberating than splurging and getting more out of it!
9. While shopping online, add things you like to cart (even if you can’t afford them) and leave it. When the product prices go down, you’ll get a notification and you’ll end up saving a lot!
10. Before you buy anything, strictly make sure there are at least two other items currently in your wardrobe that it can be paired with it. This cross over can give the illusion that you have many clothes.
11. Try renting things out for special occasions. This way you look classy without having to spend a fortune on a designer piece.