“Simplicity is nature’s first step and the last of art.”- Philip James Bailey
There is art in nature and nature in art. And James Brunt proves that through his work. He shows how nature and its myriad hues reflect a unique beauty and he derives inspiration from it. The artist arranges daily objects which one wouldn’t glance at twice and creates magic.
James finds twigs, berries, leaves and arranges them into appealing patterns like spirals, concentric circles, and other intricate arrangments. James photographs his work and sometimes his fans find his work and snap too.
See his stunning creations below and soothe your eyes as well as your soul.
1. Autumn leaves in concentric circles.
2. Is it just me or is this a giant version of the game pitthoo we played as kids?
3. The beauty lies in the intricacy.
4. Twigs, doing their part in creating beauty.
5. I’m sure that required a huge amount of time and patience.
6. The stunning colours take me back to my rangoli making days.
7. There is art and inspiration everywhere you look.
8. Beauty in simplicity.
9. Somehow, it reminds me of a thumbprint.
11. It’s a fruit salad on the ground!
12. This is trippy AF.
13. Leaf me alone!
14. Playing darts here would be dangerous.
15. The greenery, stream and unique art. What more is needed?
16. Moving like waves.
17. Brighter than the sun!
19. Patterns patterns everywhere, not one I can recreate!
20. Pure and clean.
Is it just me or do some of his work remind you of the patterns made by the children of the forest? Is it a sign that we might be getting the Westerosi-weirwood-tree magic on Earth too!?
It’s true that artists can find inspiration everywhere. I’m sure James’ work will now make you look at daily objects in a different light. And his ‘sprinkle magic anywhere you go’ attitude is staying with you too.