Your twenties- they’re the most eventful years of your life, because it’s the time when you’re trying to figure yourself out. Of course, being in a stage where you’re not too young but you’re still not too old has its own ups and downs, but they are, hands down, the most eventful years of your life.
Here are 5 reasons why the 20s are the worst years of your life, and 5 reasons why they’re the best:
They’re the worst years, because –
1. You have very little life experience
You’re just starting out, and all the knowledge you’re going to gain is mostly through the hard way.
2. Some of your worst mistakes are bound to happen during this phase
And chances are, you won’t cut yourself some slack for them.
3. Quarter life crisis can really, really bring you down and it might feel like the end of the world
The constant anxiety of wondering what the purpose of your life is, and whether you’re going in the right direction.
4. You’re caught up between wanting to be young and silly, and mature and responsible
You’re too young, yet too old.
5. It’s a state of transition, and you might lose a lot of people you thought you couldn’t live without
Some relationships might just shake you up.
But they’re the best years, because –
1. You have all the energy to go out and explore all you want
Because, the world is your goddamn oyster.
2. You can live for yourself, because you don’t have the burden of having a family of your own
SPEND ALL THE MONEY! But yes, start saving a little too.
3. It’s the time to try different things out and see what you’re meant to do in your life
There’s no hurry to settle down with one job; in fact, it’s okay not to know exactly what you want to do. This is the time to try anything and everything, and come out a wiser person.
4. You don’t necessarily have to commit to anything, or anyone
Just like any other thing, relationships are going to teach you a lot about yourself. There’s absolutely no rush to find ‘the one’. You’re free to choose anything you want. No answer is the wrong answer, as long as your gut feeling is with you.
5. You’re filled with hopes and dreams of having a wonderful life, and there is no force to stop you from making them come true
Because right now, you’re as young as you’re ever going to be.
“If you don’t do wild things when you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.”