What do we know about these things that float in our heads besides what Freud and Jung tell us about our psychology and our dear little brain? Memories are always shrouded in the mystery land between reality and imagination and the brain is the king!
Here are a few facts about memories one doesn’t really think about much but are just as true.
1. We start forming memories after 20 weeks of being born.
2. We can never fill up the storage capacity of our brain.
3. Sleep is necessary for the formation of long-term memories.
4. The only reason we may lose memories in old age is because as we get old we exercise our brain lesser.
5. We often create false memories by fabricating an event and repeating it to ourselves enough times that it becomes true for us.
6. We remember more of what looks out of the ordinary of the pattern we are used to.
7. The more we think about a memory the stronger it becomes.
8. Also, procrastination actually helps in forming a stronger memory.
9. Our brain might be programmed to forget the initial years of our life.
10. Walking through a door makes you forget what we had come into the room for.
11. Being sleep deprived may make us remember something that never happened.
12. New brain connections are made in our brain every time we form a new memory.
13. Positive memories are more likely to be lost than the negative ones.
Let’s see how many of them you remember! 😀
Cover Image Source