Durga Pujo is that time of the year, when Bengali music takes over your life, Satyajit Ray movies start to seem even more brilliant and food isn’t a meal that’s a part of your day, it becomes the centre of your day. It’s a celebration of culture, of hanging out with friends on the streets into the wee hours of the night and welcoming Maa with the brightest pandaals and nicest clothes.
For our generation, social media has taken over the festivals as well, if you can’t be there in the midst of all of this, our Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook accounts will make you feel like you are.
1. Make Durga Pujo groups on whatsapp to plan dance practices/singing practices or where and when to hang out.
2. Then put up tweets complaining about the noise and sudden influx of relatives into our homes.
3. We Instagram pictures of the mouth watering khichudi, luchi, laabda, roshogolla, just to make everyone drool on their screens.
4. Shopping like cray-cray in anticipation of matching the awesome pandaal decor!
5. Dressing up to the nines, in the hopes of meeting your future boyfriend/girlfriend, amidst all the youngsters in town.
6. Snapchat the whole Dhunuchi dance and let your friends feel the thrill that seeps into your body each time you see it.
7. Going pandaal hopping like it’s club hopping!
8. We make the best of both worlds, we party all night with our friends, but we still turn up to offer Pushpanjali in the morning with our family.
9. Click lots of selfies and tag each other on Facebook, thus making memories for years to come!
And because of this very social attitude, we can catch the Durga Pujo fever, even if we aren’t in the heartland.
10. Airtel has brought the Durga Pujo action to 360 Degree videos from pandaals all over the country, with #OpenPujo360.
Airtel shot 360 degree videos of pandaals from all over the country, capturing everything you love about Durga Pujo across the country, which means you can scroll around and feel like you’re amongst the Pujo havoc! So if you’re missing home during this time of the year, Airtel is here to connect you to homegrown memories of Maa and everything Durga Pujo. Whether it’s the excitement, the soothing music, the lavish decor or the stunning statue, with Airtel’s #OpenPujo360 you can get lost in Maa’s mesmerizing celebration.
If this doesn’t get you excited already, this definitely will – Airtel is giving you a chance to win an IPhone 6! All you have to do is click a beautiful picture of a paandal and upload it on social media with the hashtags tags #openpujo360 and #indiaonairtel. The winner will be chosen on the basis of visual brilliance and the number of likes and comments received.
What are you waiting for? Watch some of the most beautiful pandaals right here! And start clicking!
So this Pujo, don’t feel homesick, because you can pandaal hop from the comfort of your own bed!
This story is brought to you in association with Airtel