You don’t have to be a musician to be in love with music. It plays a significant part in shaping our personalities and identities. Even toddlers react to music first before anything else. A life without music would be terribly boring and quite hard to fathom.
Here is a list of thirteen things that will tell you why music is indispensible and probably as important as breathing.
1. Music kicks in every time words fail. Haven’t we all told our special someone how we feel through a song
2. It’s your only constant companion while travelling. Plug in your ear phones and disconnect with the commotion around
It doesn’t matter if it’s the countryside or the bus ride to work. When you have music everything becomes picturesque.
3. Music binds us even in diversity. You may not understand a language and yet the song moves you deeply
You often wonder what it is about the song. But you can never put a finger to it.
4. On several occasions a song becomes synonymous to a loved one. It often defines all the emotions you’ve ever shared
Music makes nostalgia real.
5. Music is also an instant mood lifter. You have a happy list, a sad list, a drinking list
Your music list defines you. And the happiness you feel when you find someone who listens to your kind of music. Same taste in music equals to instant connect.
6. What is the one thing without which long drives on rainy afternoons would be a fail?
You got it right. No music, no long drives.
7. Bollywood more than any other industry thrives on its music. Our films are mostly long musical sagas
The story maybe a fail but if the music is working the film works. That is how obsessed we are with our naach gaana.
8. And our shaadis are as filmy as our films
Can you imagine a wedding with no sangeet?
9. It’s in fact hard to fathom any celebration without factoring music. Birthdays, Christmas and even the good old bhajans
Music all the way.
10. It doesn’t matter if you can sing or not. But no one can stop you from singing when you want to
There is a little bit of music in all of us. Even if you qualify only as a bathroom singer.
11. Music is the key to creativity. Most people working in a creative environment believe good music is crucial
It’s both evocative and a great stimulant says science.
12. Studies also suggest that music in the near future will have the ability to heal Parkinson’s and speech disorders
Science says that music has the power to affect your brain and even change the way it works!
13. Most importantly music is spiritual. It taps into a certain part of you than needs to be awakened once in a while
And when something connects you with the universe, how can it not be meaningful.
~Music can change the world because it can change people.