An Arjuna Award, a Padma Shri, a Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, a Padma Bhushan, ten ‘BWF Superseries’ titles, an Olympic medal and World No.1 title.
These are few of the achievements of one of India’s topmost sports star, Saina Nehwal. To say that Saina is the reason behind India’s recent success in badminton won’t be an understatement by any means. Her dedication towards the game and success at the international level made a lot of people take note of the otherwise forgotten game in India.
Not only has she revived the game of badminton in the country, female sportstars like her have also shown the might of India’s women power and are now a beacon of hope for a more inclusive society for women.
But what you might not know about Saina is that just like a shuttle, she has served some epic quotes too. Check out some of the best words of wisdom from Saina in the following compilation.
1. It’s easy to reach the top, what’s difficult is to stay there
2. Defeat teaches you something that victory can’t
3. It’s 2017, and it’s sad that we still have to discuss things like these
4. And it is very difficult to achieve
5. Because you know they always got your back
6. Instead of holding the emotions as a rage inside, it is better to let them go
7. Whatever happens, do not take your eyes away from your goal
8. Faith brings the belief that you can achieve whatever you want
9. There is no elevator to success, but the view from the top is breathtaking
10. Your priorities define you
11. And he is her fan too
12. It is our responsibility to make her dream come true
She has achieved more than what most people dream of but the world is yet to see the best of Saina Nehwal.
Poster Courtesy: Sachin Kaushik