What is the one outfit that pan-Indian women swear by? That’s right, it’s saree. Whether while dressing up for an occasion, or to put up an impressive expression, saree is our go-to garb. And why shouldn’t it be, when there are so many reasons as to why this is the perfect outfit for us!
1. It doesn’t have too many parts
Agreed it is long, and a bit complicated but once you get a hang of it, it’s the best. You wouldn’t get confused about which part goes where.
2. You get a lot of options to mix and match and wear the same one time and again
3. You can style it the way you want
Go super sexy or super cute, or both. Saree adds an extra layer of confidence in you, always.
4. You don’t always have to look strictly prim and proper while sporting a saree
5. Saree leaves ample space for a natural air circulation
And in a tropical place like India, we can always do with that.
6. It suits every freaking body type that’s out there
The only thought you’d have in your head while wearing a saree is – Don’t I just look gorgeous!
7. Not to mention the fact that there’s no “proper age” for wearing a saree
8. It accentuates your body without giving you the discomfort of a body hugging dress or skinny jeans
9. You will always have way too many options to choose from
From Bangladeshi Dhakai to Kanjibharam to Banarasi silk to chiffon… I can’t list anymore (space trouble, you see)! You just need to take your pick!
10. Let’s just admit it, Saree = Class! Even celebs from outside India admit it.
There’s a reason why even Hollywood celebs go for this tradition Indian attire, right?
May your pleats be even and pallus be long. Now go look fab!