Celebrities are gifted people. Heck, that is the reason they became celebrities, didn’t they?
But every once in a while, one of them let it slip that they are good at something else too. And that makes them so much more impressive because we do not usually picture them having a very personal life, since they spend so much of it in the public glare.
Such surprises are always a welcome gale of fresh air.
1. Harrison Ford, the star of Star Wars, is a certified rescue pilot
He can fly fixed-winged aircrafts and helicopters too. He has lent his expertise for the good of the people on several occasions when he flew rescue missions.
2. Bob Dylan, the legendary musician, is a metal sculptor
Bob Dylan makes very artistic iron sculptures. He was brought up in a city that mined iron ore. He feels very connected to the metal, and the sculptures do reflect his talent well.
3. Snoop Dogg, the popular rapper, is a certified football coach
He has served as a coach for junior football teams for Pomona Steelers and is well-respected by the parents of the players.
4. Bruce Willis, the star of Die Hard, plays the harmonica
He is a very talented Harmonica player and has recorded solo albums and played in bands too.
5. Neil Patrick Harris, the star of the TV show HIMYM, does magic tricks
If you have seen How I Met Your Mother, you know that Barney is fond of doing magic tricks. Turns out, Neil Patrick Harris loves to do magic tricks too. He has been the President of the Board of Directors of Hollywood’s Magic Castle.
6. Matthew Perry, who played Chandler Bing, was a top junior tennis player
Matthew Perry was very interested in tennis as a junior, than in acting. He was good at it and made it into the top rankings in the junior category.
7. So was Aamir Khan, and he plays chess too
Aamir Khan was a top junior tennis player too. He also surprised everyone when he went head-to-head with Vishwanathan Anand in a chess match and held his own for 5 hours.
8. Justin Bieber solves Rubik’s cube
Love him or hate him, Justin Bieber is very good at solving the Rubik’s cube. He can solve it in under 2 minutes straight, which is really impressive, to be honest.
9. Pierce Brosnan, the former James Bond, was a professional fire eater at a circus.
He also painted landscapes in an artist’s studio in South London.
10. Patrick Dempsey, the star of Grey’s Anatomy, is a race car driver
He is an excellent juggler too.
11. Viggo Mortensen, the actor who played Aragorn in LOTR, is a good painter
He then compiles them all in a book-album and publishes them through his own publishing house.
12. Taylor Lautner earned a black belt in karate at age of 8
He even represented the USA in an international karate meet.
13. Randeep Hooda is a polo player
He owns 6 horses and launched a polo and equestrian club in Gurgaon.
14. Juhi Chawla is also a classical singer
Her normal day starts with a 3-hour session of riyaz.
15. Saif Ali Khan is a good guitarist
He is completely self-taught and plays the guitar extremely well.
16. Vidya Balan writes good poetry
She also loves mimicking her co-stars, which she is very good at.
17. Ritesh Deshmukh is an established architect
He designed the Red Chillies studio of SRK, and dabbled in the field before he joined Bollywood.
18. Woody Allen, chess player, clarinet player
He never played it professionally but taught it to his wife and son, and admitted that the game influenced his life in a big way.
19. Vin Diesel is a video game developer and made his own video game based on the movie Riddick
He is also a very avid video game player and established his own gaming development company.
20. Kate Beckinsale is an accomplished writer
Before acting, she wrote a lot of literary pieces and poetry. She was so good that she won the W. H. Smith Literary award – twice!
It is not compulsory to have just one talent. You can have another one as you go on about in your life. Or maybe you can build one too. People have done that too.
Just because you are good at something and it is earning you a lot of money doesn’t mean you forget about other pursuits in life.
Keep working on yourself, and keep learning new things – every day.