There is an age-old adage that reads that a mother is the creator’s best design and I’m sure there is no soul on earth who will deny that. An embodiment of love, kindness and warmth, it is a mother who makes a child the person he/she grows up to be. While the bond between both only grows with time, there is an innate belongingness in a mother’s embrace that cradles a newly-born infant to sleep.
However, in the recent tides of time, raising a kid is doubly challenging. True, the gender roles can be seen minimising with modern dads participating equally, but at the end of the day you only hear, ‘Daddy, mummy kahan hai?’ But it’s not easy, especially for the working mums.
Fighting time, battling assignments and daily chores almost every day, a mother is on a constant strive to become the ‘perfect mum’, a myth. While there is time for that, there are other ways that will make you your child’s favourite.
Here’s a list of 12 things that might help.
1. Working mums could spend more time with their tots instead of leaving them with nannies.
Imagine the joy, when your toddler finds you at home on a weekday! Be it work from home or a day off, your child’s smile is worth all of it. Gift your baby your valuable time and nurture the relationship you both deserve.
2. Don’t put them in front of the T.V. Take them out to play and mingle with other kids.
Teaching kids how to mingle with peers early contributes a lot in their personality development. So next time, don’t bank on a television to keep your child engaged. Instead take them outdoors and see them bloom.
3. Experiment with food to create delicious but healthier snacks for your kid.
In the growing years, it is very important for a child to take in the right amount of nutrition the body requires but children often don’t take a liking. But who can say no to paratha pizza? This right here is the best way to keep your child away from junk food!
4. Your baby’s soft and delicate skin needs something extra, it needs nourishment that goes beyond mildness to replenish lost moisture. So always moisturise, especially in the winters, when harsh conditions can do more damage than usual.
This new year, Baby Dove helps you keep up with the moisturisation needs of your baby’s delicate skin by bringing the gift of personalised skincare to you! Watch this awwdorable video by Baby Dove to know more.
With these new personalised packs, you know have the chance to etch your baby’s name on his/her own special pack of the Baby Dove lotion. Isn’t that super cute!
Sending more such amazingness your way, Baby Dove promises to continue being a special partner to moms every step of the way, so they can get on with motherhood their way and be confident of giving only the best to their little ones.
5. Encouraging kids for activities they’re interested in, like dancing or painting.
Your child might be the next big dancer or a star painter, but you’d never know unless you let them pursue their interests and likings. While mothers usually have a knack for it, you can hone your kid’s skill and give them the future they deserve.
6. Introducing them to interactive games and puzzles for all round development.
A child will be agile if you tend to his/her aptitude and let them make rational decisions. It will not only boost their analytical reasoning power but will help them gain confidence. Mothers, this one is a must!
7. Throw a grand birthday party for your kid.
There is no way a celebratory party birthday party is spoiling a kid! So mommies, leave the guilt at bay, doll your baby up and throw them a beautiful birthday bash. And see the tiny tots jump in joy when they see their favourite cartoon characters come to life.
8. Take time out for a family vacation to fascinating places of your kid’s choice.
Travelling is by far the best way to learn a culture, language and heritage and what’s better than touring with the family? Dear bus-to-travel mums, take that week off this time and give your babies the opportunity to learn while they travel.
9. Mark a day for an adventure in your child’s calendar. Go for an outing to the nearest zoo.
I can bet you’ll see your kid the happiest that day. Lion king and his subjects, what’s not to love?!
10. Gift your kid a pet to teach them to give, care and love.
Now, you want that look on your baby’s face, don’t you? Believe me, your child will be grateful all his/her life. A constant companion after all!
11. Give your kid his/her own wallet to teach money management.
It is very important for a kid to learn to manage his/her own expenses early. It not only helps them achieve a sense of independence but also helps them learn the value of money.
12. Inculcating hygiene habits and mannerisms like washing hands before and after meals.
Teach them to be conscious of their health and about everything they put in their mind. A few do’s and don’ts and your kid stays ailment-free throughout the year. What’s better than that?
Make it a point to make this year, your baby’s best year ever! ?
This story is brought to you in association with Baby Dove