We as humans are too blinded by what we want to see, and thence we are unable to see the reality. How often do we realize that we are offended by someone we love or that our peers aren’t as close to us as we thought?
Life is not all sunshine and rainbows peeps. Life is Thursday 10 P.M., life is a penniless wallet, life is your friends when you’re down and your enemies when you grow. Here’re some harsh, open and too obvious to accept truths of life, that we hardly acknowledge.
1. The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win the race, you’re still a rat
2. Conversations work out better in our heads than in reality
3. We make better judges while deciding on other lives. But we become good lawyers while dealing with our lives
4. I don’t need to write that down, I will remember it
5. People overestimate what they can do in a day and underestimate what they can do in their whole lives
6. People want to see you doing well, but not better than them
7. One man’s loss is another man’s gain
8. People who make you the happiest can make you the saddest because you are most vulnerable to them
9. People choose the paths that grant them the greatest reward for the least amount of effort
10. If you talk to God, you’re religious. If God talks to you, you’re psychotic
11. The more dependent you are on your friends to have a good time, the lonelier you are deep down inside
12. No one wants you to “just be yourself”. Everybody wants you to be the person they want to be around
You can have all the confidence in this world and the individuals you meet, yet never put your faith at the wrong place.
Inspired from this Quora thread.