Shreya Ghoshal is undoubtedly the modern queen of Indian female playback. Having lent her voice to over 2,000 songs in her career, she’s spun her soulful magic in over 10 Indian languages. With her first song recording while she was still in college, she has come a long way and has received many national awards for her voice.
We celebrate some of her most memorable songs.
1. Teri Meri from Bodyguard
2. Deewani Mastani from Bajirao Mastani
3. Mere Dholna Sunn from Bhool Bhulaiya
4. Teri Or from Singh Is King
5. Saibo from Shor In The City
6. Pal Pal Har Pal from Lage Raho Munna Bhai
7. Yeh Ishq Haye from Jab We Met
8. Nagada Sang Dhol from Ram Leela
9. Piyu Bole from Parineeta
10. Jaadoo Hai Nasha Hai from Jism
11. Soona Soona from Krishna Cottage
12. Barso Re from Guru
13. Bairi Piya from Devdas
14. Bahara from I Hate Luv Storys
15. Saans from Jab Tak Hai Jaan
To this day, Shreya Ghoshal’s voice is instantly recognisable and is always soothing to the ears, no matter what language or what emotion she sings in.