Being in love is great, unless you’re in love with the wrong person. And you know who qualifies as the ‘wrong person’, your friend’s boyfriend. Guys have a bro-code that they simply live by, but we girls aren’t stray animals either, we have a really strong girl-code. So it becomes really tough to stand audience to a love affair, that could have been yours.
If you are stricken with love for a boy who’s never going to be yours, you need to know that this is not the first time in history, so these signs are pretty common…
1. Each time they ask you, ‘Do you think he’s right for me?’, you want to scream ‘NOOOOO’.
2. When they ask you ‘Do you think he’s nice’ and all you want to do is drool on him.
3. Every time he says something cute, you swoon like it’s directed towards you.
4. You hate being the third wheel, because it’s so hard to bare the PDA.
5. You keep imagining what it would be like to be his girlfriend and whenever he’s alone with you, you keep filtering everything you say.
6. Whenever they have a fight, it’s really hard for you to be objective.
7. You go into a downward spiral, thinking about everything she has but you don’t.
8. Even though you want to be happy about it, you end up pretending most of the time.
9. Even if they do break-up, you can never just date him.
10. Because at the end of the day, you know your girlfriends will always be with you, while all these boys walk out of your life.
So, now the question is, do you really want to be the third wheel in love?