Wedding season is here!
Winter weddings are the best. The nippy air, happy, dressy people, and all the cheer. There’s nothing like it. Most of you are probably invited to at least a couple of them lately, and you’re most likely to go to a close relative’s wedding. Since it’s family, there’s going to be a few typical things that’ll happen in the process.
1. Knowing that a close relative is getting married is exciting
You can’t believe that someone so close to you is getting married soon. You’re all over the place with happiness!
2. You start getting confused about what kind of clothes you are going to carry, and you assign clothes for each day
How many days? What’s the weather like? Will this be comfortable?
3. You make sure you know what kind of people you’re likely to meet there
So you know you won’t be completely alone if there are people your age, cousins aside.
4. You start feeling the festivities in the air as you reach the home of the relative hosting the wedding
Their house is decorated from inside to out.
5. And thus starts the meeting and catching up with aunties and uncles and everyone else you don’t even know
The best part- when older relatives hand you money as a blessing. Cha-ching.
6. Meeting your cousins-especially the ones your age- is awesome
You know you’re going to have some wonderful company throughout the wedding. Some serious shit is going to go down.
7. Amidst all the chaos and craze of the wedding preparations, you make it a point to spend some time with the bride/groom
Talk to them, catch up with them, and feel their excitement and nervousness as they’re readying themselves to get hitched.
8. The entire duration of the wedding, starting from the smallest to the day of the wedding, passes in a jiffy
The Sangeet, Mehendi, and the lengthy and fun rituals are over, and very soon.
9. The infectious energy all around you gets to you, and it’s a wonderful feeling
Everyone is carefree, dancing, and enjoying to the fullest. And you’re one of them. 😀
10. Little rituals become the most fun part of the ceremonies
Hiding the jootis and asking for money in return is considered a normal thing now. Hah.
11. Dressing up extravagantly days in a row becomes a huge but crazy fun task
Glitter. Glitter everywhere.
12. Not to mention all the (attractive) people you get to meet during the events
It makes you want to look forward to the other events in line. After all, what’s life without some eye candy? 😀
13. But more importantly, it’s the abundance of food everywhere that you will never forget
This is possibly the only reason why half the people are enjoying themselves at the wedding. 😛
14. The moment when you see the bride looking absolutely stunning, your heart melts
And when the bride and groom make their first appearence as a married couple, nothing else matters anymore. Love is in the air!
15. And when you witness the moment of the bride leaving the house, you’re just as heavy hearted
16. Finally, the entire experience re-instills your idea of how much fun weddings really are
And a part of you even thinks about what kind of wedding you would have yourself. 😀
So, make sure that you take an off for a couple of days and enjoy a winter wedding. Because, to be completely honest, there’s nothing else like it. 😀