Having a unique name has its own share of troubles, but who said having a name that is common is fun? Having 10 other people of the same name in the room is definitely not the best thing to happen. Here are 13 things that you will relate to if you had a common name:
1. You get pissed off when people call you instead of the other Raj in their contact list
“Sorry mate, meant to call somebody else”
“Yeah, that’s okay.” That’s only like the 1000th time somebody has called me accidentally.
2. In school when the teacher called one of you, all the Rahuls would stand up
And then sit right back in your place after being completely embarrassed.
3. Your were given nicknames by your classmates so they could differentiate between you
Mostly those nicknames depended on how you behaved and looked.
4. You had to mark your things with your class, roll number and other details so other people with the same name wouldn’t take your things
Sirf naam hi kaafi nahi hai! :’(
5. Even when you have a common name, some people pronounce it incorrectly, which pisses you off
It’s Priya, not Pariya. How difficult is that? HOW DIFFICULT??
6. When creating a new mail id you always have to select one of the suggestions
“The computer has suggested TinaMalhotra1902.” Computer, my name is not Tina Malhotra 1902!
7. You have to get very creative when creating accounts on Instagram and Twitter that require unique ids
And in the end you always end up forgetting your id.
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
8. You have been asked often if your parents named you after a movie character’s name
Just because my name is Rahul, does not mean my mom is a Shahrukh fan.
9. God forbid if you are Rahul Khanna and you had another Rahul Khanna in your class
And double God forbid if you both had the same birthday!
10. Sometimes you wish you had some other name, even if it sounded crazy
Zoppitybop-bop-bop, at least nobody will forget your name. 🙁
11. You have at least one distant cousin with the same name as yours
12. You instantly connect with someone of the same name as yours because..
…you know what they’ve been through.
13. In the end you know that yours is the name that will stay classic forever
Just like yourself. 😉
My name might be common, but I’m one of a kind.