It was in the year 1991 that Shimla, the beautiful hill station in the state of Himachal Pradesh received snowfall on Christmas. There was no forecast for any snow by the met department this year too. However, a Christmas miracle was waiting to happen.
Tourists in Shimla woke up to a beautiful Christmas surprise as the hill town received the season’s first snowfall on Sunday. The snowfall started around 9 am in the town and in the nearby regions of Kufri and Narkanda.
Here are some of the best pictures from the winter wonderland.
1. Soaking in the snow!
2. Tourists having fun at the Ridge
3. The streets looked alive as the little snowflakes started getting down
4. Snow covered the town completely
5. Winter is here!
6. The colourful umbrella amidst the snow made the scene magical!
7. An old lady took cover as the snow started falling
8. Just wow!
9. This scene is definitely worth the traffic jam, isn’t it?
10. The road through the woods looks straight outta Winterfell!
11. The snow made everyone’s Christmas merry!
12. Tourists in Fagu got the snowy surprise too!
13. As far as the eye can see, everything turned white
View this post on Instagram
Happiness is waking up to Snow White on a Christmas morning in Himalayas ❄🎄🎎🌷 Morning Surprise to everyone 🙋 Merry White Christmas to all you lovely people ⛄ Sending Blessings of Peace and Happiness to you this Christmas! Again Merry Christmas to each and everyone! 🎄🎁⛪ Keep smiling 🐼 #ShimlaLife #Xmas #Christmas #celebration #sundaymorning #HimachalPradesh #Himalaya #Mountains #kinnaur #snowflakes #snowfall #increibleindia
14. What a mesmerising sight!
15. It was not only the humans that were happy
16. Nature’s Christmas tree covered in snow
— Ajay Dhiman (@ajaydhiman21987) December 25, 2016
17. Here is how the action unfurled
18. Santa sure had an amazing present for Shimla
19. Christ Church and Shimla Library getting the white surprise
— Saurabh Chauhan (@Saurabhjr) December 25, 2016
20. Shimla’s Christmas got made!
— Clarkes Hotel Shimla (@ClarkesShimla) December 6, 2016
For those of you who missed the first snow, there is still time to make your New Year snowy. I am packing my bags and heading straight to north, are you?
News Source: Hindustan Times