The modernization of the Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport will blow your mind away.
Some of the key features of the new terminal – T2 include
- Increase in passenger handling capacity from 32 million to 40 million annually
- Increase in aircraft parking stands to more than 100
- The Mithi river runs beneath the rebuilt runway
- It has 188 check-in counters, 72 arrival immigration desks (up from 40), 60 departure immigration desks (up from 38), 52 boarding gates (up from 20), 10,900 seats, 161 elevators, escalators and moving walkaways, 16 lounges, a day hotel, a transit hotel, and 10 baggage carousels and 102 toilets.
- It has more than 7000 work of art from in and around India. Took 3 years to curate.
- At 4.4 million square feet, it’s one of the largest in the world.