If there’s one ‘masterji’ in the industry, then it is Saroj Khan. A veteran, Saroj has often been given credit of making Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi the stars that they are today. And you’ll have to be a fool to disagree. Teaching Bollywood dance to the likes of many, her legacy continues with the body of work she has left to follow. Not to forget, she was one of the pioneers in the choreography business and has laid the path for her contemporaries.
Like that wasn’t enough, she has given us innumerable hits for aptly (roughly) every occasion and signature moves that people just love to copy (including me). Sure, there is a hoard of talented dance masters today but none nuanced like our very own ‘masterji’.
While we are still reminiscing, let’s travel back in time and tap to the all the groovy numbers she has managed to steal our hearts with (some even bought her national awards).
1. Ek do teen (Tezaab)
2. Na jaane kahan se aayi hai (Chalbaaz)
3. Humko aaj kal hai (Sailaab)
4. Dhak dhak karne laga (Beta)
5. Choli ke peeche kya hai (Khalnaayak)
6. I love you (Mr. India)
7. Mere haathon main (Chandni)
8. Chane ke khet main (Anjaam)
9. Mera piya ghar aaya..Ramji (Yaarana)
10. Nimbooda nimbooda (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam)
11. Doli sajake rakhna (DDLJ)
12. Yeh Ishq haye (Jab We Met)
13. Dola re dola (Devdas)
14. Barso re (GURU)
Wow, now wasn’t that a list! *stores it away for a shaadi*