I’m not sure if it’s just me or if the weather is really bipolar currently. Like one minute I want to go cuddle in the Himalayan cold, the next I want to bask in the glorious Greek sun. But that is all wishful thinking. There is no escaping this hot-and-cold non-sense nature has going on for us.
Thankfully, though, the Romans are quite happy with the weather they’re experiencing. Rome received its first snowfall in 6 years, and boy, are the pictures mesmerizing!
Rome today 😍
Photo Reuters pic.twitter.com/24Wz9PJF0b
— Laura Meseguer (@Laura_Meseguer) February 26, 2018
People are sharing breath-taking pictures of the ancient city’s ruins and tourist attractions and it’s seducing my traveller’s soul like never before. Here, take a look for yourself.
1. You’d think it’s photoshopped, but it’s real.
• The Other Rome • “Oggi non era solo vederti con questo strano costume, oggi era vedere la gioia delle persone per strada. Adulti, bambini, anziani, tutti avevano lo stesso sorriso. Bambini che insegnavano ai più grandi a giocare, papà che si ingegnavano per creare il più bel pupazzo di neve per il figlio, ovunque si respirava aria di festa. Mi piacerebbe vederti più spesso così…cara mia Roma.” #DailyRome #TheOtherRome . . . #RomeAndYou #IgersRoma #IG_Rome #Rome #BuonanotteRoma #Italy #PassionPassport #BestCityBreaks #VisitRome #VivoRoma #NoiDiRoma #WhenInRome #GuardianTravelSnaps #🎈
2. Seems like a still from a vintage movie.
🌎 Post by @me_and_mango ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ 🔮 Selected by @loubalad #️⃣ #just_features ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ #communityfirst #featureme #instagram #WonderfulWorld #PricelessCities #featuremebest #ig_daily #ig_great_shots #ig_today #ig_sharepoint #ig_captures #ig_worldclub #beautifuldestinations #guardiantravelsnaps #travelgram #wonderful_places #amazingplaces #beautifulplaces #rome #winterland
3. Imagine waking up to this view one fine morning…
4. Bring out those snowboards, folks! Our time is here.
Snowboarding where chariots once dueled in Rome’s Circus Maximus. pic.twitter.com/N2CoZzrPmY
— Christopher Livesay (@cLivesay) February 26, 2018
5. A Mausoleum never looked so good before.
— Stephen Kay (@stephenjohnkay) February 26, 2018
6. Let it snow, let it snow!
— Fr. Geoffrey A. Brooke Jr. (@PadreGeoffrey) February 26, 2018
7. Roman beauty accentuated by the snow.
— Esma Çakır (@EsmaCakirRoma) February 26, 2018
8. The glorious Colosseum looks even more beautiful.
— Mark (@Mark_Hatten) February 26, 2018
9. The students deserve to get to enjoy the snow games.
— Wanted in Rome (@wantedinrome) February 25, 2018
10. Hold while I catch my breath.
11. This video is giving me Winterfell feels.
12. This doggo looks so happy in the snow.
13. Even a simple bicycle looks like art when covered in snow.
— Francesco Lazzarotto (@FraLaz1971) February 26, 2018
14. Snow-people’s romantic movie.
Ogni persona doveva avere un suo fiocco di neve in cui c’era una mappa interna della sua vita – Orhan Pamuk. Foto di @sofiadimario #love #rome #roma #romaneve #romesnow #snowfall #snow #pupazzodineve #sanpietro #vaticancity #lovesnow #burian #fantasy #instalove #manopermano #winter #italy #snowy #snowday #roma2018 @roma
15. St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican. ?
— Giovanni Meledandri (@GMeledandri) February 26, 2018
16. This sunset is a sight for sore eyes.
— Stefano Cardinale (@Il_Cardinale) February 26, 2018
17. Clarity through the mist and snow.
18. It’s almost like it’s painted.
— Kimberly Sullivan (@KimberlyinRome) February 26, 2018
For many parts of the world, snowfall is nothing unusual. But this was the first snowfall that Rome received in 6 long years. If it were me, I’d be stoked about it too. Not to forget that the ice blanket makes the ancient city look like its straight outta a fantasy novel, with the glorious Roman structures and the mythological treasure it signifies.
First, the first snowfall in 4 years in Tokyo and now we have the snow Gods blessing Rome. 2018 is really a good year already.