Long distance relationships are tough. You don’t get to see your loved one for ages and even when you do, you’re peering into an electronic rectangle. And it’s just not the same. Each painful day goes by and you yearn for your better half. You think of them every waking moment of the day, they come into your dreams and make your miss them even more. You get yourself to wake up each day banking on the sole hope that this brings you one day closer to meeting the love of your life in person.
But what if you didn’t have this certainty? What if you weren’t sure if you would ever return? What then?
This photo series, shared by ‘Love What Matters‘, beautifully captures the rollercoaster of emotions two soulmates, Navy Corpsman Wesley Bedwell and his wife Nicole Bedwell, endure, being 7000 miles apart, missing each other at every waking moment of every day:
1. Wesley missed out on Nicole’s entire pregnancy since he was deployed 7000 miles away.
“It’s our first baby. Luckily I had a really good pregnancy, but it definitely sucks.”
2. “A month after we found out I was pregnant, he deployed.”
3. She wanted her husband to still be a part of the pregnancy. A part of their child’s life.
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
4. Since Nicole’s husband couldn’t be a part of the pregnancy, photographer Tracy Fugitt decided to photoshop him instead.
5. “I cried, both of our families cried.”
“It’s been really emotional for me to have my husband gone my whole pregnancy.”
6. She knew they would never have this moment again. It was once in a lifetime. She had Tracy to thank for it.
“He’s my family, so having him included touched my heart. It made me happy.”
Stories like these give so much hope. The odds may seem insurmountable, crises too dark, times too devastating; but there’s always a ray of hope, a silver lining.