Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone starrer ‘Piku’ outshone practically every other film running in theatres these days with its brilliant characters, witty dialogues, and not so subtle topics of discussion. The Bengali cultural traits shown in this film were often to the point of perfection.
Piku perfectly captured some of the guilty pleasures every Bengali would relate to having.
1. When Baba stopped by that roadside vendor and had his fill of kochuri
2. And though we were reminded, time and again, how difficult dealing with constipation is
3. But then he finally had the best motion
4. And he declared the hard truth every Bengali knows from experience to be true-
“Insaan ka emotion uske motion k saath jooda hota hai”.
5. So Baba admitted that “hum log kanjus hain”
Because – constipation!
6. When Piku wore kaanpasha for her Maashi’s anniversary
Because, we adore gold jewellery.
7. And put the ‘tip’ [bindi] perfectly between her brows at the very first attempt
We went a bit [read, a lot] “aww..”
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
8. When Baba took in the view from the jhul baranda
Those good old days!
9. And Piku and baba danced to ‘Jibone ki pabona’
10. And when Baba stopped by the window, where he saw that little girl singing
And every Bong recalled the tabla/setar/sarod/music lessons from childhood!
10. When that ‘alpona’ in the daalan was just perfect
11. And Piku did some champi, aka ‘narkol teler maalish’
12. When Piku and Rana had those perfect rolls that every non – resident Bengali secretly craves for
13. And the sight of their vast collection of books made the Bengali in us ecstatic
But we are in the same team when it comes to,
15. The whole family eating the most perfect ‘Bangali’ meal together with our bare hands
Arey, dil ki buri nahi hai! 🙂