The colorful life of our first Prime Minister, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru is quite visible even in these black and white photographs. Check them out.
1. Not many people know of this moment where the Cuban revolutionary, Ernesto “Che” Guevara met Pandit Jawaharlal Jehru in 1959.
2. Lord Mountbatten completely cut off the joke shared by Lady Edwina and Nehru. A lot has been rumored about the royal affair between Nehru and Lady Edwina.
3. India’s first Prime Minister seemed to have been quite a badass with a thing for defying the authority every now and then.
4. Nehru seemed to have enjoyed fencing and didn’t care if it was a sword or an umbrella or a walking stick
5. Or a pillow for that matter…
6. Young Rajiv and Sanjay Gandhi spending quality time with their grandfather
7. Nehru with India’s first President, Rajendra Prasad and Vietnam President, Ho Chi Minh. Was he stroking his beard? It sure looks like so!
8. “I was 34 years of age, not widely known. I was tense. Nehru boosted my morale. My tension disappeared” – Fidel Castro
9. Nehru with Indira Gandhi and John F. Kennedy’s wife, Jacqueline Kennedy. Apparently, they did not get along very well.
10. A young Nehru with his parents. Now you know where all the swag came from.
11. Catch Nehru with the who’s who of B-town
12. Nehru looks lost in poetic thoughts sitting with one of the greatest poets of the world, Rabindranath Tagore.
13. Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Charles Spencer Chaplin on a little sight seeing