Karan Johar is a man of many talents. The films of this director/producer/writer are not only blockbusters, they are also full of wisdom and profound insights.
In every film that he makes or contributes to Kjo leaves his signature marks and little bits of lessons that make the movies so endearing to Indian audience.
Here are 13 of those very important life lessons that Kjo’s films taught us.
1. Change of hairstyle and wardrobe can get you the man of your dreams
Because beauty before brains, people!
2. Saree is the best outfit for a basketball game
Tracksuit? What’s that?
3. You can totally dance the night away without your specs, even if you have the worst eye sight
Dancing opens the inner eye, you didn’t know that?
4. College is for showing of the diversity of your closet
It’s all about attitude, babeh!
5. It’s completely normal for people to give away their beloved to someone else
True love! *sobs a little*
6. Everyone is a good dancer and singer
You never know when one will start!
7. Whether it’s Switzerland or Kashmir, you’ll never feel cold in your skimpy clothes while you’re dancing and singing
Because- the spiritual power of the saree!
8. You always fall for someone who is either very wrong or already taken
Kyun ki, pyaar kiya toh darna kya!
9. No matter what the occasion is, a dressed up flash mob is a requirement
Big fat Indian celebrations bhai! Banta hai.
10. While you’re leaving the person you’re secretly in love with, both of you will look back, always right after the other
Synchronization is key!
11. Being gay is just a super funny affair
Gay= gay! Get it? Lolololololol.
12. There will always be a love triangle in your life. ALWAYS!
Because life is complicated. *nods head in total agreement*
13. And finally, you can dance and roam and do about anything even if you’re suffering from an acute heart condition
You are not sick until you are sick, okay?
Karan Johar’s films are living examples of his subtle sagacity. And the grand lessons that his films teach us in the most subtle way leave deep impressions in us. I mean, there’s a reason his films are so famous, right?
Anyway, thanks for entertaining us so much, KJo. We love you anyway. Happy Birthday! 😀