The festival of Holi is less than a week away. Several states in the country have issued guidelines and restrictions on the celebration in view of the rising number of infections, reports HT.
- Delhi – The Delhi Disaster Management Authority has banned public celebrations on Holi, Shab-e-Barat and Navaratri.
- Mumbai – The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has banned public, community, and private festivities during Holi and Rangpanchami.
- Haryana – Home Minister Anil Vij was quoted saying, “In the light of the COVID-19 situation, public celebration of Holi will not be allowed in the state.”
- Chandigarh – According to The Indian Express, UT Administration has said, “The clubs, hotels, restaurants, etc will not allow any ceremonial gatherings for Holi. The residents must celebrate the Holi festival at home while following appropriate Covid protocol.”
- Gujarat – Holika Dahan is allowed with crowd restrictions.
Similar restrictions have also been announced in Odisha and UP. However, the social media celebration is in full swing with people sharing memes of the colourful festival on Twitter and Instagram. Take a look.
Celebrating Holi :
With family | With friends pic.twitter.com/AURH9jP2y2
— 🆁🅸🆂🅷🅰🅱🅷 ⍟ (@rishabh_memes) March 14, 2021
Girls in Holi..
Expectation vs Reality pic.twitter.com/Wmp0nSkbmW
— ME + ME = MEME (@touhid4u) March 22, 2021
( During Holi )
Everybody Each Other : pic.twitter.com/5FxIxx5lce
— Vk Memes (@Memesbyvishal) March 23, 2021
— Jay Shitole (@ShitoleJay) March 19, 2021
— sarcasm_villaa (@Itsmemebruh1) March 18, 2021
— Ram Prakash, IAS (@ramprakash_ias) March 24, 2021
*12 year's old me and my bois, 2 days before "HOLI"* pic.twitter.com/CbakYXqXiY
— Shiv 🕉️ Am. (@shivcastic_) March 17, 2021
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
How are you celebrating Holi this year? Tell us.