Traveling via train for work or with friends often gives us the best memories that we cherish for years. And over the past few years, the Indian Railways has attempted to augment the experience of such journeys by improving facilities at railway stations. The latest station to get an upgrade is in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar.
Redeveloped Gandhinagar station…First time ever a five star hotel on top of the station….PM @narendramodi will inaugurate on Friday in the presence of @AshwiniVaishnaw Also credit to @PiyushGoyal under who’s tenure it was built #NayeBharatKaNayaStation pic.twitter.com/WffNfmRXHe
— Payal Mehta/પાયલ મેહતા/ पायल मेहता/ পাযেল মেহতা (@payalmehta100) July 15, 2021
The renovation initially began with a joint project called Gandhinagar Railway and Urban Development in 2017. However, it was eventually inaugurated virtually on July 16th by PM Narendra Modi, reports Financial Express.
Read on for a virtual tour of the luxurious station that offers an airport-like experience to travelers.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) July 16, 2021
Graced with top-notch facilities, the much-awaited station revamp has transformed its look and feel. The entire property now has a green building rating and elements that are environment friendly.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) July 15, 2021
Take a look at some of the special features of the revamped railway station:
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
- The entrance lobby to the station is spacious and airy inviting people to the ticket booking facility
- It has a marvelous state-of-the-art façade and creative landscaping outdoors
- It boasts of theme-based lighting
- It has an exclusive art gallery with an LED wall as well as a display lounge
- It has centralized AC, a pretty waiting lounge and dedicated facilities for Divyangjan travellers
- The inter-faith prayer hall is particularly noteworthy as is the air-conditioned baby feeding room
- The waiting hall of the renovated station platforms can host around 500 passengers
— Madhav Sharma (@legend_leoo) July 15, 2021
The external facade of the building is to showcase lighting with 32 themes allowing it to flaunt a new one every single day of the month. Here’s a bird’s eye view of the renovated station-
— Manan Dani (@MananDaniBJP) July 14, 2021
Reports suggest that the redevelopment budget for the revamp stood at a whopping ₹71.50 crore.
What do you think of this development? Tell us.