Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe called life; and this is something that we realize to be true after we have grown up. Truly, without our friends we would be lost. And although all the friends from all phases of our life play an important role, we realize who our true friends are only when we grow up:
1. We were obsessed with our friends as teenagers
As we grow we realize the need to have, and give some space to each other
2. We used to agree to each and everything our friends used to say
But now we are able to honestly criticize them without them feeling bad about it
3. As teens we used to discuss everything about our girlfriends/boyfriends in detail with our friends
We didn’t have boundaries. And no information was too much information. 🙂
But as we grew up, our conversations about our love life became more mature without having the need to say everything
4. We were possessive, and we used to think that they were ONLY our friends
“We’re a gang, how can you stick around with the other gang?”
But as we grow up, we realize that there will always be new people in our friends’ lives
They’ll get married, they’ll make new friends. And we learn to welcome them with open arms.
5. Talking about each other behind our backs was common
But now we can kill to defend each other
6. You fought over taking each other’s stuff
But now we realize that even though we take and use their things, we are careful and even protective about them
7. Updating them about every small detail was absolutely important
But now calling after a month is no big deal & you are still the best of friends
8. Earlier we were friends because we went to the same school or were from the same locality
But now even if we stay miles apart, we realize that our friendship is for life
And we value the friendship more than ever.
9. We used to have many “friends” and many “best friends” as teens
But now we have a small group of friends that are as close as family
And that’s all you need.
10. Earlier, we used to think that our parents didn’t understand us
But now is the time when you realize that they were always right
And that makes them the best friends we have ever had.
A good friend will save the last slice of pizza for you; a best friend will eat the last slice, rub it in your face and laugh about it.