Have you ever been in a relationship where it felt extremely one-sided? Either the person is emotionally unavailable or not looking for something serious but wants to date. It’s very confusing to be in that kind of relationship dynamics and it ends up stressing you out.
So, how to steer clear of emotionally unavailable people if you are looking for something serious? The answer lies in looking out for signs. And people online have been talking about exactly that!
One Redditor asked that what are the signs of an emotionally unavailable person and others listed them down below with their suggestions.
Have a look:
1. Curiosity is key. If they are not curious about you and aren’t responsive to your emotional needs, then the person is not for you.
2. This one Redditor made quite the list and all of them are accurate AF.
3. Refusing to talk about “deep” topics like your future together, your emotional baggage, issues, etc. is a big red flag.
4. One Redditor claimed that emotionally unavailable people are also selfish – they don’t show up unless they need something from you.
5. This Redditor spoke from experience and the sign that was suggested is aloofness.
6. Another suggested that emotionally unavailable people tend to be somewhat self-involved.
7. They never commit.
8. Lying – a red flag in any relationship!
Being with someone who is emotionally unavailable can be exhausting and disrespectful to the self especially if you are 100% invested. Look out for signs and decide on what’s best for you. 🙂