So there is this thing called being an eggetarian, where you don’t eat non-vegetarian food, but you eat eggs. I know, I know, most people don’t even understand it when you tell them you eat eggs but don’t eat non-veg. Here’s a list of situations you face when you are an eggetarian:
1. People don’t understand the concept of not eating non-veg food, but eating eggs
And I don’t understand how you eat other animals. But I keep my mouth shut, don’t I?
2. You have a rehearsed answer to the obvious question- you don’t eat non-veg food, but you eat eggs?
Oh for the love of all the delicious food in this world- shut up.
3. They think that since you eat eggs,you can eat chicken too
4. They think it’s okay to order pizza with chicken toppings, and you can just remove them while eating
Oh, no, please. Why don’t I just eat dough instead?
5. You are kind of stuck in the middle; neither a vegetarian nor a non-vegetarian
6. You are often left with little food since non-vegetarians eat eggs too and want to share your food
Nope. Nope. Nope.
7. There is always a great debate whether eggs are considered veg or non-veg
This is why the chicken crossed the road. Hoping somebody would run him over. And the questions would stop.
8. People think that if you could just try non-veg food once, you would like it since you eat eggs anyway
So perhaps if you try vegetarian food, you could give up on non-vegetarian food?
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
9. They laugh at you when you call yourself a vegetarian
This is why I am not a people-person.
10. But despite all the ridicule you face…. you get the best of both worlds
If you don’t feel like eating vegetarian food, you can have omelettes, scrambled eggs, egg biryani…anything with egg in it. Most people who eat non-vegetarian food don’t like to eat vegetarian food.
11. You don’t have to face the “If you are a vegetarian, how do you eat cake with eggs in it?” question
My mouth. My food.
12. You are okay with eating at a vegetarian restaurant and don’t find it boring
Pav Bhaaji. Check. Pasta. Check. Veg Biryani. Check.
13. Being an eggetarian is easier on your wallet than it is being a non-vegetarian
Egg Biyani- Rs. 140
Chicken Biryani- Rs. 200
14. The best part- you don’t care whether its the month of Shravan or some other month- you can still enjoy veg food!
I can go to either a vegetarian or non-vegetarian restaurant and still get to eat my favourite food!