There is nothing more terrifying than the sight of a little baby in pain. Nothing more inhuman than an attack on someone who cannot speak for themselves. But it pains my heart to tell you that such sadists walk among us, in the skin of a human.
In an incident that will break your heart, a working mother Bhawna Rastogi enrolled the baby in a day-care center after being assured that all the facilities were on point. But one day when she came back to her crying 9-month-old baby, she was in extreme agony.
Mother alleges that because of a carelessness nurse, the ring finger of her little girl came in between the door and was mercilessly CUT. Imagine the pain, that little one had to go through.
Her mother, Bhawna Rastogi from Gurgaon, wrote an elaborate Facebook post describing the incident and how the little girl has to go through several surgeries now, to be alright. She also writes that she was denied the CCTV footage of the entire incident and was given useless arguments. –
No one imagine what it was to see her screaming and all in blood with her finger piece separated. This is the worst nightmare which no parents should go through and right now we are going through hell!!
We had a major surgery on 19th May at Medanta and we don’t know what will happen . This will be repeated by another one this Thursday and this procedure will get repeated maybe twice every week for 6 weeks.
A) The CCTV got accidentally unplugged and only for that time when this happened, there is NO footage available!! They are clearly hiding the real incident and now withholding evidence!
B) The maid who banged the door on my daughter had never shut the door before in the past and they don’t know how it could have happened .
We visited the centre and saw with our eyes that the bathroom doors are so heavy and in hard wood with no clipping or padding to prevent them from any such accident . Also , the doors have locks so I am surprised that kids have already not locked themselves in so far .
Clearly , there was no one who was supervising the untrained maid which led to this unfortunate event – The price of which my daughter might have to pay for the rest of her life.
– Tell me , is this what we pay for and trust Intellitots when they make excuses of the CCTV not working? – This clearly shows an attempt to hide the facts and conceal information which is our basic right.
– This is a gross violation of the rules and regulation laid down by the Ministry of Women and Child Development under ECEE ( No. 6-3/2009-ECEE) and is clear case of criminal negligence & violation of basic infrastructure and training required for running early childhood care.
– This is when they charge hefty fee ( probably the highest in Gurgaon ! ) and lure innocent parents in their trap by showing sophisticated facilities when none exist.
– Are these centres allowed to hire these temporary untrained workers with pittance salaries and run their profitable companies
– Which supervisory body had inspected this facility which had hard doors with sharp edges and locks in infants toilets
– Who is the certification body which allowed to run this centre without an operational CCTV camera
– Why did the daycare centre CCTV not work exactly on the same day and slot when the accident happened
We clearly need to put an end to these money making centres and expose them so that others should not go through the pain and trauma that we are suffering. It is heart wrenching to watch a 9 months old baby undergo so much trauma.
As a mother , I will take all necessary measures by taking help from Police and the legal system to give us justice and punish the guilty in an exemplary manner so that this serves as a lesson for all such places .
Completely distressed by the whole event, Bhawna also noted that there was no child-proofing done in the daycare. She says that it could happen to any baby and it’s not something we should be taking lightly.
There are no words to describe the horror that the little baby has to go through. But we pray that Anaya gets well soon.
You can read Bhawna’s entire Facebook post here.