Artists have a way with their art. More often than not, they pay homage to the ones they love through their art, and inculcate that in some for or the other. And then there are artists like Curtis Wiklund, who illustrate everything ABOUT their loved ones, and make poetry out of their art.
Curtis had started a project to sketch 365 days with his wife and it has made him into an Internet sensation. Here are some of his best.
1. My sleepy girl.
2. The proposal.
3. Snowboard goggles and onions.
4. Back-scratching as a sedative.
5. Memorizing Psalm 91.
6. Post-shower, pre-hairspray.
7. I still learn something new about my wife every day. She is a professional painter.
8. Our first kiss.
9. Mmm, my perfect birthday.
10. I don’t want summer to end.
11. Out cold.
12. Mmmm, wearing layers.
13. Cold season.
14. Did a lot of laughing today.
15. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel!
16. Our Christmas tree.
17. I love her so much!
18. Evening in Venice, someday.
19. Sleepover with my best friend.
20. Some place I’d like to be.
21. My Valentine.
22. Tonight, my wife and I had a long list of things to get done. Instead, we sat on the couch, she read to me, I played guitar for a while, and then I drew a picture…
23. We’re pregnant. 🙂
24. What should I draw? Us.
25. This parenting thing feels like we’re climbing up a new mountain every single day. But baby we’re doing it! And there’s no one in the world I’d rather be doing it with.