Our nation has a knack for weird things. Anything is possible in here. Admit card of a student can have a dog’s photo and dogs can have their own unique identity proof.
Following the same line of keeping the quirk factor alive, an anonymous group has recently hacked the national telecommunication website. The journal website of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has been hacked by AnonOpsIndia. The hacker’s group describe themselves as “#OpIndia | Expect Us! ~ “
The group describing themselves as the #Hacktivist in their Twitter description has also added a page to the journal listing their demands.
The listed demands are:
Message to Government of India:
1) Demand government to take action against RS Prasad for openly challenging privacy of the citizens of India.
2) Demand government to take action against TRAI for their stupidity of releasing million Email IDs, helping spammers & violating your very own IT laws.
3) Demand government to take action against Reliance sending unencrypted data to China via their Jio Chat app.
4) Demand government (RS Prasad) to stop moving towards a licensing regime. We are watching your every move on net neutrality.
5) Demand government to shut down all surveillance projects like CMS & RS Prasad’s interception of phone calls before it is too late. Also release all details in public of whose phone calls have been tapped & are under surveillance.
6) Demand government (DoT) to unblock all websites & put an end to internet censorship.
7) Demand government to take action against NIC for trying to change history. Wikipedia is not your medium to promote lies & propagandas.
Do not start what you can’t stop. We already have our hands in most of government servers. | Lastly thanks BSNL for publishing this awakening telecommunication journal. We have made the best use of your crap site. U mad bro?
We Are Anonymous , We Are Legion , We Do Not Forgive, We Do Not Forget , Expect Us !
[ #DigitalIndia, your government has failed you! ]
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
The URL of this page is http://tj.bsnl.co.in/tjeditions/NOV14/anonops.html
The group has also mocked the BSNL website admins saying, “You have stored passwords in plain text. Shame! Is this your #DigitalIndia? We also have access to all BSNL databases now. No data on the server was tampered though. But we have taken a copy of all your databases. Patch up before the Chinese get their hands on this. It’s a goldmine.”
What’s even more shocking is that the group has managed to get access over 30 million records from the BSNL database including the bill summary, payment details and account details.
When a query is raised on the website the message reads, “It’s a mess. Lot of data. Can’t even analyze it. The dump is so huge.”
The group claims that they have not received any response from either the government or BSNL yet.
To add to it all, the group has also added a music to the page to give a special effect to their presence.
The group has updated about the hack on their Twitter account as well as the Tumblr page. They are answering queries of people and bashing the Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad outrageously.
Good question. Clearly they are not aware of the breach even. We have been in their servers from past 24 hours. https://t.co/CdaOiMfNwG
— AnonOpsIndia (@opindia_revenge) July 4, 2015
Since, the government has not given any response yet, should we feel free to assume that they are asleep? Or that they don’t care? Or let’s just hope for the best and assume that they have a super intelligent plan to handle all this and we don’t know about it yet because it super secretive. (obviously, pun intended)