It’s that time of the year again where Mumbai is heavily flooded by torrential rainfall. The city is not just battling a lack of transport and basic amenities but the situative is becoming grave by the day as water is entering houses.
— Nita Kewl (@Nitzmatazz) September 4, 2019
Not just the common man, but even popular celebrities are suffering because of Mumbai rains. Bollywood celebrities have taken on social media to share their experience tackling the floods, making us realise that no matter how comfortable their lives are, the rains aren’t going to go easy on anyone.
Have a look:
1. A video shows how water has entered Amitabh Bachchan’s old bungalow Pratiksha.
2. Bhumi Pednekar took to Instagram ‘stories’ to share how she had been stuck in traffic for hours on her way for a shoot.
3. Arjun Rampal shared a video of a Mercedes half-drowned in floodwater and asked people to stay safe.
4. Renuka Shahane shared pictures of herself walking through flood-water and urged Mumbaikars not to step out of their homes unless necessary.
Safely reached home. Enthu cutlet me and Rasika Deodhar trying to reach work wading in knee deep water. My poor car is…
She also took to Twitter to share a picture of herself along with a few others being helped by a man to walk through the water.
— Renuka Shahane (@renukash) September 4, 2019
5. Kunal Khemu shared a picture showing the condition of the streets on Instagram.
6. Bipasha Basu compared flooded Mumbai roads to Venice.
7. The trailer launch for Karan Deol’s debut Pal Pal Dil Ke Pass was cancelled because of the rains. He took to Instagram to post a video
This just goes on to show that nature doesn’t spare anyone. Stay safe, Mumbai!