India is all about numbers. Mind-boggling numbers!
We found some interesting facts about India that are big in size and keep getting bigger. Right from the tiniest woman on planet who made the biggest record in the world, to the biggest family who live under one roof.
1. India’s population is growing rapidly every year compared to any other country. In the last decade, India’s population grew by 181 million people i.e., almost the entire population of Pakistan
It is estimated that India’s population will be 1.44 billion by 2025, and it will overtake China, in terms of population. By 2050, population will grow up to 1.65 billion.
2. Nearly half of India’s population is under 24 years of age and almost 64% of Indians are in the working class. This proves that India has the youngest and largest workforce
For the next 20 years, 12 million young Indians will enter the job market every month. Half of Indian workers are employed in agriculture.
3. India has 780 languages and 122 languages are spoken by 10,000 people
Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil and Urdu are spoken by 50 million+ people.
4. World’s biggest family reside in India – The man lives with his 38 wives, 32 sons, 18 daughters, 22 grandsons, 26 granddaughters, 7 great grandchildren in Mizoram
5. India has the world’s third largest road network of 1.9 million miles
It also has the world’s second largest rail network which is the world’s largest civilian employer with 16 million workers
6. India produces 132.4 million tons of milk a year, this makes it the the world’s largest milk producer
7. Indian woman named Jyoti Amge, holds the Guinness world record title for ‘Shortest Living Woman’, at 24.7 inches, since her 18th birthday on 16th December 2011
8. The tallest family in India, resides in Pune. The combined height of Kulkarni family that consists of 4 members is 26 feet
9. More than a million Indians are millionaires, yet most Indians live on less than two dollars a day
An estimated 35% of India’s population lives below the poverty line.
10. India has the largest postal networking in the world with 1,50,000 post offices
11. An Indian man, Prahlad Jani, claims he did not eat or drink anything for 70 long years
After many tests, doctors still don’t know how it’s possible. Fact Source
Want more such amazing facts about India? Then tune-in to Vital Stats of India every Friday, 9PM on HISTORY TV18
Storypick is the online partner for Vital Stats of India.