If you had lots of money, and by lots, I literally mean LOTS…how would you spend it? Even if that wish came true (it won’t), I am sure you wouldn’t even dare to dream of getting dresses as costly as these! I mean, who in the sane mind would?! Oh, but they sure are supremely glamorous and a feast for your eyes!
1. Nightingale of Kuala Lumpur costing $30 Million…Wait, let me count on my fingers how many figures it has.
I am numb. The dress is the costliest in the world and designed by Faiyzali Abdullah. You’d ask what exactly is this dress made of that it costs 200 crores! It is made of taffeta, satin, chiffon and silk. It is encrusted with a 70-carat pear-shaped diamond and 751 Swarovski crystals. Oh God, I want one. But I can’t pay, obviously!
2. Debbie Wingham’s Black diamond dress that you’d die for. I would definitely die before I can pay that amount of $5.5 million!
Look at this gorgeous dress. My heart’s thumping so loud! Exquisitely adorned by 50 black diamonds, along with white ones and gold thread, it took the creator Debbie Wingham about 6 months to complete this beautiful dress. And the price? $5.5 million (36 crores)! Still want to own it?
3. You obviously rock that dress, Nicole Kidman! Not everyone can carry off a $2 million dress!
Nicole Kidman certainly created a buzz when she wore the chartreuse chinoiserie-embroidered Dior dress created by John Galliano. The colour is so strikingly different that it makes you yearn for it! And the cost, $2 million (about 13 crores) makes your head swirl. And the fun fact is that the actress was paid to wear that stunning piece of art!!
4. Maria Grachvogel’s precious dress…so smoothly elegant that it doesn’t look like a $1.8 million dress!
Look at the beautiful creation of Maria Grachvogel. It’s so effortlessly elegant that you can never imagine it’s estimated price of $1.8 million (12 crores)! The dress is encrusted with more than 2,000 diamonds and features a silk corset which is also decorated with diamonds. Now, don’t you want it to be a part of your wardrobe?
5.Marilyn Monroe’s “Happy Birthday” dress…only she can wear a $1.3 million dress to a birthday party!
Who attends parties in dresses that are as costly as $1.3 million (8 crores)?! Marilyn Monroe. Created especially for the birthday party of the President John. F. Kennedy, the dress is decorated with sequins that sparkle like diamonds. This beauty is the creation of Jean-Louis Berthaulto, an American designer.
Don’t you think Monroe is prettier than that dress?
📣 Follow Storypick on Instagram! Click here to follow @story.pick
6. Breakfast at Tiffany’s star Audrey Hepburn’s most iconic dresses ever that costs about $900,000! So much for that little black dress?!
This dress was specially made for Audrey Hepburn while she was shooting for Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Givenchy, a close friend of Audrey Hepburn made this extraordinary dress for her! And it auctioned at $900,000 (6 crores), making it one of the most expensive dresses of all times. I can’t take any more of these huge numbers!
7. Amal Clooney’s wedding dress that makes you want to get married! Oh, you should also have just about $380,000.
I know what’s going on in your head, girls. Seeing this, all I could think was, “I don’t want to get married in the red lehenga!” This wedding dress certainly made me cry. One of the final creations of the late designer Oscar de la Renta, this is a masterpiece. Amal Clooney is certainly lucky and super-rich enough to buy a $380,000 (2.5 crores) wedding dress!
8. Lupita Nyong’o pearl dress so expensive that you can only dream of it! And this £97,000 dress got stolen!
A pearl-studded dress that costed £97,000 (94 lakhs). Goodness! No doubt Lupita Nyong’o looks absolutely stunning in the Calvin Klein dress but invited a lot of trouble too! The dress was stolen from her hotel room. I would have had died had something like that happened to me!
9. The John Travolta dress which costed $125,000. That’s nothing for Princess Diana…you might have to rob a few banks, though!
She is breathtakingly beautiful and no matter what she wears, it’ll always look regal! This off-the-shoulder evening gown was created by Victor Edelstein for the gala dinner at the white house. It’s named The John Travolta dress after the actor with whom the Princess danced at the dinner. It has an estimated worth of $125,000 (83 lakhs)!
10. You are a beauty, Cate Blanchett! And the $100,000 you spent on your dress are totally worth it!
This is hands-down one of my favourite dresses! This flawless nude dress by Armani Prive made me go bonkers over Cate Blachett (I think I have lady crush on her)! The Swarovski crystals alone costed $100,000! However, her entire look is estimated to have costed about $18.1 million (120 crores)! Are you kidding me?!
Only these celebs can wear dresses like these. It’s not a job you and I can pull off!