The Big Bang Theory carved a niche for itself among the sitcom lovers.
For once, there want a hunk or a playboy or a smartass in the cast. For once, the cast consisted of socially-challenged people. They made awkward jokes and didn’t really know how the conventional world worked – including the dating game.
They made really catchy jokes and people started to love the motley bunch of awkward weirdos, to the point that they even crept into our lives in the form of new words, and new ways to look at geeks.
It has been over 8 seasons now, and if you are an addict you have definitely done at least one of the following things.
1. You are thinking of getting a roommate agreement for your pesky roommates
You actually think that it may make things a bit easier.
2. And a relationship agreement too
And wonder if it makes relationships a bit simpler.
3. You scream “Bazinga!” when you prank your friends
Or just get a cool “Bazinga!” t-shirt.
4. Sex is not sex or lovemaking. It’s coitus.
Coitus. Coitus. Coitus.
5. You also have a “my spot” on the couch in the living room
And you get cranky if someone else sits on it.
6. Physics jokes are your thing now
You get them and so do your friends.
7. And somehow engineers suck big time
Even though they have done their Masters from a reputed university.
8. Mrs. Wolowitz’s death made you cry
But, hey, Bernadette is getting there slowly.
9. You squeal with joy whenever an introvert gets a girl
You almost cried when Raj made out for the first time with Emily.
10. You think whiteboards are cool and you actually bought one
Even if it remains blank most of the time.
11. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock is awesome
Scissors cut Paper
Paper covers Rock
Rock crushes Lizard
Lizard poisons Spock
Spock smashes Scissors
Scissors decapitate Lizard
Lizard eats Paper
Paper disproves Spock
Spock vaporizes Rock
(and as it always has) Rock crushes Scissors.
12. You know a lot of science just because you saw the whole series religiously
Tidbits about lasers and string theory and logic to the extent that we can have a reasonable conversation with someone about science for a few minutes.
13. You have already tried playing Jenga once
Although you kind of knew that it would turn out to be boring.
14. You have started knocking on doors thrice
And God forbid if someone opens after two knocks…
15. You hum soft kitty warm kitty randomly during the day
And go to sleep humming the song too.
16. …and ditto for the theme song
You know all the words and sing along when the actual theme plays before every episode.
17. You bought a bowl to put your keys in
Just like in Leonard’s apartment.
18. Superhero t-shirts, bed sheets and pillow covers are completely normal now
And comic cons are so much more fun now!
19. Thursday night is pizza night!
Even if your friend throws a tantrum about how the pizza is not from the place he wanted it from.
What will happen to us after the series ends?
Thank god for reruns and Netflix.