Clad in a white, blue-bordered sari, a woman who needs very less introduction, Mother Teresa, an Albanian-born Indian citizen, became a symbol of love, care and compassion for the entire world. One of the greatest humanitarians of the 20th century, she served the unwanted, unloved and uncared poorest of the poor. For her unwavering commitment, incredible organizational and managerial skills, she was honoured with Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
I believe Mother Teresa was one of the most quoted people of all time. Apart from her kindness and the desire to make the world a better place, what she was as a person inspires me the most.
So to honour the greatest humanitarian, the world has ever seen, on her 105th birth anniversary, I have come up with 10 of her messages.
1. Do good. Love people. Be happy.
2. This is the most heard and most preached line in the world
3. We are same-to-same-but-different
4. Start smiling more often
5. Her quote on peace
6. Love, a warm hug or at least a beautiful smile?
7. The poverty of loneliness
8. You can learn from every person you meet in life
9. Love begins with forgiveness
10. You can influence 10 people. Those 10 can influence 100 more. And so on…
Undoubtedly, she is one of the greatest personalities of our time.
I am sure you will agree that she must have thought long and hard before she said them.