I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again— wedding season is here! Timelines are filled with couples making lifelong commitments to each other. And what am I doing, you may ask? Of course, bringing you all the latest ongoings on the most fab and famous weddings of the season.
Indian football captain, Sunil Chhetri married the love of his life, Sonam Bhattacharya. The wedding was an elegant and posh affair and the guest list boasted of not only football personalities but political persons too.
1. The wedding started with a Haldi ceremony.
2. For the main wedding function, India’s best striker entered riding a horse in a traditional Nepali attire.
3. Doesn’t he look adorable waiting for his dulhan?
4. Sunil with Bengaluru FC chief technical director Mandar Tamhane.
5. Doesn’t the dulha look dapper?
6. The two even had a traditional Bengali ceremony to celebrate both their cultures.
— Souvik Roy Chowdhury (@souvikrc) December 4, 2017
7.Sonam chose to wear a resplendent red saree with ethnic gold jewelry.
8. Bengal’s favourite Didi was a part of the revered guest list too.
— XtraTime (@greymind43) December 4, 2017
Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri tied the knot with long-time girlfriend Sonam Bhattacharya, daughter of Mohun Bagan legend Subrata Bhattacharya, at a grand wedding ceremony in Kolkata yesterday. pic.twitter.com/pkiNOqB8EK
— I Love Siliguri (@ILoveSiliguri) December 5, 2017
10. All smiles!
11. The Bengali Topor adds the perfect traditional touch.
12. Look at the radiant bride!
13. Sunil and Sonam had earlier got engaged in Gurgaon in November.
14. Doesn’t it look like a still straight out of a Bollywood movie?
We hope Sunil and Sonam share a life filled with love and happiness. We wish them all the luck for this next beautiful chapter in their long, joyous lives!