It was 2012, when Imtiaz Ali gifted Indian cinema with a gem like Rockstar. By far, it remains Ranbir Kapoor‘s best performance and it strums the chords of our hearts in an unfathomable way. The musical extravaganza was a delight for our sore ears and sight for our sore eyes.
A.R. Rahman’s magical music wove Irshad Kamil’s words in such a beautiful manner that till date Rockstar is hailed to have the best musical score. Each song, each word is so exquisite, so full of emotions that we can’t help but love them. I remember watching the film with goose-flesh throughout, taking on that emotional roller-coaster ride. That day I walked out not only with a brilliant watching experience, but a soundtrack I will listen to lifelong.
The intricacies of the words dripping in sentiments gives us the feels still. All the songs of the film are amazing and have such deep meanings. While I heart each line of each song, here are 15 soul-rending lines from the film, that’ll give you goosebumps upon each listen.
1. The intensity in the words and Ranbir’s eyes.
2. This song is simply mind-blowing.
3. The chemistry between Ranbir and Nargis was sizzling as hell.
4. This will, hands-down, always remain my favourite stanza.
5. Dear society, please note.
6. “Khiche teri yaadein, teri yaadien teri ore.“
7. The song released with the trailer and was an instant sensation.
8. My eyes prick each time I listen to these lines.
9. Catchy AF but then meaningful at the same time.
10. This is me in every relationship of mine.
11. Tujhe kare ishaare…
12. Tum Ho and Tum Ko, both the versions will tug at your heartstrings.
13. Kun Faya Kun is a song you should hear whenever you want to lift your spirits.
14. Meri bebasi, mann me basi.
15. Me to everyone who wants to exercise control over my life.
I’m sure, you’d be going, ‘But you didn’t include that!’ What are your favourite bits I seemed to have missed? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
Till then, happy listening. 🎶
Image Courtesy: Eros Now