Kalki Koechlin is an actress of extraordinary finesse who has showcased her genius as an actress time and again. Be it art films or commercial, Kalki has always played her role to perfection and made us leave asking for more.
An actor who knows no bounds, Kalki has portrayed some of the most rebellious and out-of-the-box characters on the silver screen. From a woman suffering from cerebral palsy in ‘Margarita, With A Straw’ to a tomboyish Aditi in ‘Ye Jawaani Hai Deewani’, Kalki has nailed every role she touched. Check out this list of some of her best ones.
1. Kalki’s character in the movie was a modern adaptation of Chandramukhi
2. She was nominated for Stardust award and Screen award in the best actress category for the movie
3. Zoya Akhtar wanted Kalki for Natasha’s role ever since she saw her in ‘Dev D’
4. She was the co-writer of this film along with Anurag Kashyap
5. She had to go through a complete makeover for the movie as the director wanted her to look ‘ugly yet adorable’
6. She lip-synced for the first time in ‘Ek Thi Daayan’ for the song ‘Yaaram’
7. Kalki won the Best Actress Award for the much-acclaimed movie at the ‘Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival’ in Estonia
8. She got rashes all over her face and the shooting of the movie came to a halt after Ranbir Kapoor plastered it with turmeric as a prank during the shoot
9. She died her hair black and practised a dialect that was a mix of Hindi and English for the movie
10. Kalki did a comical role for the first time in the movie
Keep surprising us, Kalki.
Poster Courtesy: Sachin Kaushik