Death is perhaps the most feared word in our mortal lives. None of us want to die, leave this beautiful life, these wonderful people and just vanish into thin air. The idea of life after death is very popular but frankly speaking, no one knows what happens after we die. Do we really float away in the sky or do we just get mixed in the soil, like every other thing that dies! Well, that is a different story, though.
Often, we take life for granted and so we run behind the more material things in life, forgetting to nurture our passions. In this article, we bring to you some of the last wishes of people and how they fulfilled them in their last days.
1. “A week before my grandfather passed away, I snuck his favorite beer into the nursing home for him. It was his last beer ever.”
2. “My mom passed away last night after a 15 year battle with cancer. I found this beautiful picture of her dancing with my dad the day before she passed.”
3. The last wish of this terminally ill patient was to visit the Rembrandt exhibition.
4. “My grandma wanted to see the ocean one last time before checking into hospice. Her face says it all.”
5. A terminally ill airforce veteran was granted his last wish of skydiving.
6. Mary suffered from cystic fibrosis and her last wish was to marry her best friend, which they had been planning since they were 2-year-olds!
6 hours after the ceremony, Mary passed away!
7. 3-yr-old girl’s last wish was to meet a Prince and a Princess.
Her family didn’t have enough money or time to go to Disney world. So, some friends used their drama departments costumes to make her dream come true.
8. This man wanted to watch Dolphin’s play for the last time.
9. This Lady wanted to snuggle kittens as her last wish.
10. Wyatt Gilette was named as an Honorary Marine a day before his death. He was an 8-year-old son of a Marine Drill Instructor
11. ‘Florence and the Machine’ performed for this dying girl as her last wish.
12. Jack Benny made sure that his wife received a rose every day after he had passed away.
13. This old woman wanted to touch the sand and see the ocean for one last time.
14. He wanted to see his hometown from the sky.
15. He wanted to see his newborn sister.
16. Meeting his Ponies was this man’s last wish.
17. Linda had ovarian cancer and her dying wish was to raise money for her own funeral so that her parents would be spared of the expense.
18. Her last wish was to visit Euro Disney.
19. Her dying wish was to see her farm animals.
20. This woman wanted to meet Lionel Richie as her last wish.
Aren’t these truly moving? We should all keep in mind that our time here is limited and that we need to live life to its fullest!
H/T: Bored Panda